WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR FIRST VISIT
Dr. Sappington is always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to the office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
Please assist us by clicking here to complete a health history form for the patient.
During the initial examination for each patient, Dr. Sappington will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- What are the payment options?
Most often we are able to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements at the initial visit. Occasionally, diagnostic records, which include radiographs, photographs and study models, will be needed first. For these patients, we will address specific questions after careful analysis of the diagnostic records and review our findings with you at the case presentation visit.